Dates for Auditors: July 12 – July 27 inclusive
- Auditors will receive no private lessons or coachings,
- They may fully participate in the daily warm up with Ms. Zajick.
- The daily exercise class and the acting classes are also open for participation if invited by the instructor.
- Classes specific for auditors during the second week
- Audit any classes and rehearsals except the students in the Opera Discovery Program
- May audit private coachings and voice lessons with the permission from the teacher and student.
- General Auditors pay $100 per day for up to ten days
- Administrators, doctoral thesis projects, voice teachers and coaches pay $35 per day
- Voice teachers of participants are exempt from auditing fees and can audit any time after the first day.
Accommodation & Transportation
Auditors are responsible for arranging their own accommodations and transportation.
Information & Registration:
Please contact the IYDV administration office at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the new text for the applications:
Applying to the Institute involves 4 steps:
Step 1 – complete the application form, DEADLINE NOVEMBER 1, 2018
Step 2 – Our committee will review all applications and select those applicants who will be invited to a live audition.
- All US applicants will be notified by the November 15, 2018, as to whether they are invited to a live audition.
- All European applicants will be notified by December 1, 2018, as to whether they are invited to a live audition.
Step 3 – Live Auditions:
- For US applicants, auditions will be held December 17th & 18th 2018.
- For European applicants, auditions will most likely be held in January 2019.
- Cities for live auditions will be determined by who is selected for live audition, and where they live. We will notify you of the locations available if you are selected for a live audition.
Step 4 – All those who are invited to the live audition will be notified usually by mid-March, as to whether they are invited to participate in the Institute’s 3 week program, or not.
– All days of the program are open for weekday auditing with a fee of $100 per day for participants, $35 per day for teachers and professors, payable in advance. The fee is waived for teachers of participants and up to ten University of Nevada Reno students.
– Teachers who have a student participating in the program may audit free of charge.
– Auditing teachers may observe weekday classes and lessons as posted each day and observe the daily warm-up with Ms. Zajick
– There are 10 days open for weekday auditing with a fee of $100 per day payable in advance. The dates this year are July 12 – 25. Details below.*
– There will also be a class scheduled solely for auditors during which they can sing for Ms. Zajick and any other faculty available at the time and receive feedback. The date of this class will be scheduled according to the availability of the majority of auditors. The class will take place on July 19
– Auditors may observe weekday classes and lessons as posted each day and participate in the daily warm-up with Ms. Zajick.
– We limit the number of auditors to no more than 10 per day, so please send your requested days as soon as possible to reserve a place.
* Checks will be payable to: Institute for Young Dramatic Voices.
Mail to: Institute for Young Dramatic Voices 5892 Soledad Rd. La Jolla, CA 92037